Friday 31 October 2014

One Year On

Today is my blog's first birthday!!

To my great delight I awoke today to find that the blog has also reached that wonderful figure of 40,000 views

I'm thrilled to have made it through this first year and not yet run out of words or enthusiasm. There have been times when I haven't been sure what the blog will be about, but miraculously, the words always seems to fall into place

It's been such a rewarding experience in so many ways- writing things down has helped me focus on my art, and knowing that I have to write a blogpost really keeps me motivated. 
However the very best thing about blogging has been meeting people for the first time and finding out that they have been reading my blog, and that they find it interesting.

So this is just a short blog post to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has visited this blog. I really love reading the comments and the messages of support. It's both uplifting and deeply humbling.

Here's to another happy year of art and blogging!

Mallard feather and yellow snail

“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” 


8 comments:

  1. Shevaun - thank YOU for all of your inspiring blog posts and encouraging words. I look forward to it every week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture for the occasion! Happy blogging birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shevaun! Thank you for finding the time in your busy life to post all the wonderful things about your art. You are right, I think that maintaining a blog can help one to focus on ones art.
    Your friend from across the pond: Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, my really lovely friend from across the pond, thank you very much!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! I, too, am so glad to have found your blog. So fresh, so informative, so real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I am so glad to have found your blog through others I visit - it has been a pleasure to see what you are creating - and here's to another year or two or three or... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love the feedback so please feel free to comment. Thank you!